Wedged between Buckhead’s West Paces Ferry neighborhood and the city of Smyrna, Vinings is an unincorporated community that boasts luxury real estate, excellent schools, and a top-notch selection of shopping and dining options. Vinings also offers lower property taxes because it’s situated in Cobb County instead of Fulton County, which serves a major chunk of the city of Atlanta.
Similar to nearby Buckhead, the gradual development of Vinings began in the mid-19th century. Originally known as “Crossroads” and then later “Paces,” Vinings was built around railroad infrastructure and officially became a recognized community in 1904.
- When you live in Vinings, commuting in and out of Atlanta’s perimeter is a breeze thanks to the convenient access to both I-285 and I-75.
- SunTrust Park, the new home baseball stadium of the Atlanta Braves, was opened in 2017 just north of Vinings.
- The area’s namesake comes from a civil engineer named William Vining, who worked for the Western and Atlantic Railroad.
- In the 1970s, Vinings boasted a 780-foot ski slope made of Astroturf.
- Vinings is home to several high-profile private schools, including The Lovett School, The Westminster Schools, and Pace Academy.
- Brand new Wellstar Health Park.
- Vinings residents enjoy low Cobb County taxes.
Things to do in Vinings
Luxury amenities & cultural attractions
Vinings boasts an impressive array of top-rated restaurants — from the five-star farm-to-table experience offered by Canoe to the gourmet breakfast fare you’ll find at Another Broken Egg Cafe. Vinings is home to the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Center, as well as Cumberland Mall and Suntrust Park. There are several historic buildings and homes in the area, including the Pace House, Yarbrough House, and the Old Pavilion. The Vinings Jubilee shopping center in the historic Vinings Village offers an array of fine boutiques and specialty stores. Residents of Vining are also conveniently located near the high-end shopping and dining destinations of Buckhead.
Nature & outdoor recreation
On the north end of Vinings, close to I-75 and I-285, is the Paces Mill Unit of the Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area, which is managed by the National Park Service. With the Chattahoochee River serving as the centerpiece, this gorgeous parkland and wetland offers 3.5 miles of hiking trails, tucked away fishing spots, and shaded picnic areas that are ideal for enjoying the natural beauty of Vinings. Enjoy cycling? Not far from Vinings is the trailhead of the Silver Comet Trail, a 62-mile-long rail trail that merges with the Chief Ladiga trail at the Alabama border to form a continuous 94-mile-long trail.
Real estate information: Vinings
As one of Atlanta’s most affluent suburban neighborhoods inside the I-285 perimeter, Vinings features many sprawling mansion estates (some located overlooking the Chattahoochee River), gated swim/tennis communities, and upscale condominiums. While the median home value in Vinings is $323,000 (as of 2017), it’s not uncommon to find homes priced above a million, if not in the multi-millions.
View listings for Vinings below, or contact Toni Itkin today to learn more about buying or selling a home in Vinings.
No results found.